In Buchanan: Several Persons Arrested For Their Alleged Involvement In The Murder Of  A 24-Year-Old Man  

From Elton Wroinbee Tiah |GNN Correspondent In Grand Bassa County|

The remains of Muhammad Carlos Kuyateh away by funeral authority

The lifeless body of a 24 years old man identified as Muhammad Carlos Kuyateh was on Tuesday morning discovered dead after he was allegedly murdered by unknown men in Buchanan.

According to our Correspondent in the County, the incident occurred early Tuesday morning, June 23, in the Fairgrounds Community, Buchanan, Grand Bassa County, quoting an eyewitness, James Toe, an eyewitness, the victim’s corpse was discovered in a pool of blood .

“I was at my house when I heard the noise that a dead body was discovered in my community and so I decided to reach there.”  Toe speaking further said. He also disclosed that his arrival he saw the lifeless body of a man with beating and cutlass marks as well laying in a potato greens farm”.

Toe mentioned that he was troubled after observing that it was Muhammed Carlos Kuyateh who he once interacted with on the football field, “That boy was a very good footballer and not a criminal but I am still wondering why he was killed?” Toe pondered.

Abu Fayiah , a relative to the victim also told the GNN that the late Carlos Kuyateh was a footballer  who graduated from the New Testament Baptist School in Buchanan, adding, “My brother been in Monrovia for some time, but due to his illness we decided to send for him to be with us . He was taken to a nearby prayer house for prayer but we don’t know how he left the place,” Fayiah wondering said.

Fayiah asserted that his brother have never gotten involved with criminal activities before, adding that the Liberian government should ensure that justice prevail.

Hundreds of citizens made their way on the scene, upon hearing that a lifeless body was discovered in the Fairgrounds Community.

The citizens were cluster together without observing social distancing and the wearing of nose and face masks.

The citizens spent hours observing the corpse of the victim until the police took the corpse from the scene, and was later taken to the Evening Rest Funeral Home for preservation after a 15 man jury checked the body and discovered that he was murdered.

Several persons have been arrested and detained at the Buchanan police station pending investigation.

Investigation continues

Visited 8,182 times, 1 visit(s) today

Comments are closed.