“No Casualty During The Outbreak of Fire” – NPA Public Affairs Director Clarifies

The scene of the fire last Saturday at the NPA

Last week outbreak of fire at the National Port Authority (NPA)  early Saturday morning has caused no casualty, as the situation was promptly put under control by port security, and the port’s fire fighters, according to Malcolm Scott, the head of Public Affairs at the NPA.

In a press statement released on social media, Mr. Scott said the management of the NPA will take the appropriate actions against the driver of the truck who is reported to have thrown lighted cigarette nut into his truck in an attempt to hide from a routine security check and protocol against smoking and other port-security search.

He also said, the Managing Director of the NPA, Bill Twehway along with the entire security heads and officers are on top of the matter, concluding in his statement, he expressed to those who made it possible for the situation to be brought under control.

Visited 130 times, 1 visit(s) today

Comments are closed.