LIBERIA: 4-Bed-Room House Own By Maryland County  Development Superintendent Burnt To Ashes, Leaving Several Homeless

From E. Varney Kamah |

Four-bed-room house owned by the Maryland County Development Superintendent, Robin Scott guttered fire on Monday, May 9, 2022 in Pleebo, Maryland County, the cause of the fire was a result of an alleged electrical Shock.

Despite efforts by residents to put up the fire, could not gain any fruitful due to the seriousness of the fire, leaving nearly everything to burn to ashes which extended to nearby houses.

“We fought hard to stop the fire but it was very difficult, and the only thing we did was to just managed or avoid the fire from getting on other houses that near the place.

According to our correspondent, the incident took place in the absence of many of the renters, as there was no other alternative to rescue their properties and other belongings. A resident of the community, Fredrick Bortue described the situation as painful.

Mr. Bortue at the same time expressed dismays over the situation, and further urged the National Fire Service to equip the Maryland County Fire Service Detachment to enable them work effectively.

According to our Correspondent several residents in the County urging the Liberians Electricity Cooperation to fully monitor all connection on a daily basis and to carry on proper connection so as to avoid the continue outbreak of fire that is causing the destruction of properties in the county.

“We condemned the incident and want to say our sincere sorry to the affected family and the tenants; moreover, we are calling on humanitarian organizations, Liberian National Red cross Society, UN and philanthropists to come to the aid by providing reliefs assistance.

All efforts to reach the victims and owner of the house were fruitless as he could not be reached for comment.

It can be recalled on April 12, 2022  another five rooms apartment house got gutted by fire due  to alleged electrical fault, while in July 2021 another five bedrooms apartment house got gutted by fire in the same Pleebo.

Pleebo city is the commercial City of Maryland County and the most polluted city in the southeast but it is not layout and houses are densely close to one another.

The city not being layout and houses very close each other pose serious future threat to the city In case of any further fire outbreak.

Visited 155 times, 1 visit(s) today

Comments are closed.