Actor Kevin Spacey charged in UK with sexual assault against three men

Kevin Spacey charged by UK prosecutor

Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service said on Thursday (May 26) actor Kevin Spacey had been charged with a number of sex offenses including sexual assault against three men following an investigation by police in London. Francis Maguire reports.

Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service has authorised charges against Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey for sex offences including assaults on three men following an investigation by police in London.

The alleged offences took place between March 2005 and April 2013, with four incidents taking place in the capital and one in Gloucestershire, police said.

They allegedly involved one man who is now in his 40s and two men now in their 30s.

“He has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent. The charges follow a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation.”

In November 2017, London’s Old Vic theatre said it had received 20 separate allegations of inappropriate conduct by Spacey from 20 men who came into contact with him at the theatre, or in connection with it, between 1995 and 2013.

Spacey, once one of Hollywood’s biggest stars, was dropped from the TV show House of Cards and removed from the movie All the Money in the World after the accusations of sexual misconduct came to light.

The 62-year-old, who won Oscars for best actor in American Beauty and best supporting actor in The Usual Suspects, has previously denied all accusations of misconduct.

Roberto Cavazos, an actor who worked at the Old Vic, where Spacey was artistic director between 2004 and 2015, said in 2017 he had encounters with the Hollywood star at the time “that verged on what you could call harassment”.

-AAP

(Visited 46 times, 1 visits today)
About Cholo Brooks 17446 Articles
Joel Cholo Brooks is a Liberian journalist who previously worked for several international news outlets including the BBC African Service. He is the CEO of the Global News Network which publishes two local weeklies, The Star and The GNN-Liberia Newspapers. He is a member of the Press Union Of Liberia (PUL) since 1986, and several other international organizations of journalists, and is currently contributing to the South Africa Broadcasting Corporation as Liberia Correspondent.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*