The Liberia Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that it has elected new leaders of its Executive Council that will lead the organization in its mission to serve as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities in fiscal year 2021. Cllr. N. Oswald Tweh, the Managing Director of Pierre Tweh & Associates, Inc. was elected to serve as the 2021 President of the Chamber during its 69th Annual General Meeting (AGM) on November 27, 2020. Cllr. Tweh succeeds Mr. Wendell Addy.
Following the elections, the new council hosted its first Executive Council meeting on Tuesday December 1, 2020. In attendance were the Minister of Labour, Cllr. Charles Gibson, and former Minister of Commerce & Industry Prof. Wilson Tarpeh. The Minister of Labour and Prof. Tarpeh, who presently serves as the Director of the Environmental Protection Agency, in separate remarks acknowledged the role of the LCC and assured the new administration of the government’s fullest support and cooperation.
The 2021 Executive Council will focus on the recovery of the Liberian business community following the COVID-19 pandemic. The Council also pledged to provide insights and guidance to the Chamber’s work in public policy, economic development, and arbitration services. The sixteen (16) new Council members represents a wide range of industries, bringing together a wealth of experience to effectively respond to our current economic challenges.
The Chamber also welcomes the following business leaders to its Executive Council:
- Tony Hage, (Consolidated African Trading Company (CATCO) – 1st Vice President
- Nelson Oniyama (Monrovia Breweries/Club Beer) – 2nd Vice President
- Charles Collins (Jafain Consortium Inc.) – Treasurer
- Oliver Rogers (Abi Jaoudi) – Auditor
- O. Natty B. Davis (Devin Corporation) – Arbitration Committee
- Benedict Sannoh (Sannoh & Partners) – Arbitration Committee
- Nathaniel E. Kevin (Norfolk Group of Companies) – Arbitration Committee
- Veda Simpson (Quidiyou) – Council Member
- Laureine Guilao (TIPME) – Council Member
- Rabih Charif (Charif Pharmacy) – Council Member
- Ahmed Wazni (African Motors) – Council Member
- T. Nelson Williams (Conex Group) – Council Member
- Abraham Karsie (Prestige Motors) – Council Member
- Jaspal Singh (Supreme Liberia) – Council Member
- Maulik Shah (SkyTech) – Council Member
The newly appointed board leaders and members officially assume their duties on November 27, 2020.
About the Liberia Chamber of Commerce
The Liberia Chamber of Commerce (LCC) has been an influential force for businesses in the Republic of Liberia since 1951, created by an Act of Legislation. LCC is Liberia’s oldest and most representative institution advocating the business interest of a very diverse private sector, representing over 300 companies and business associations. LCC is also the representative of Employers under the tripartite arrangement with the Government of Liberia.