Visit us at www.liberiachamber.org
The Liberia Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce it’s upcoming General Elections of its new corps of officers during the 68th Annual General Meeting at the Liberia Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday, February 12, 2019. Registration begins at 3:00PM.
All members in good financial standing are advised and encouraged to seek office or nominate someone for the following positions:
- Arbitration Committee (3 Members)
- Executive Council (11 Members)
Only members who have paid their annual membership dues with a zero balance shall be eligible to nominate, vote, and contest elections. All delinquent members should make full payments of annual membership dues to the Secretariat no later than 12:00PM Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
As prescribed by the Articles of Association of the Liberia Chamber of Commerce:
Section 6: At each Annual General Meeting of the Chamber, all members of the council and officers of The Chamber shall retire. The retiring members shall be eligible for re- election if they are members in good standing and have attended six or more meetings during the year. The election of officers and members shall be conducted in the manner prescribed by the Bye-Laws.
Please note: Due to the short administrative period (August 2018 to February 2019 – 6 months), the Elections Committee agreed to the following: The retiring members shall be eligible for re- election if they are members in good standing and have attended three (3) or more meetings during the last administrative period (August 2018 to Febraury 2019).
As prescribed by the Bye-Laws of the Liberia Chamber of Commerce:
Section: Election and Voting
- Forms of application for candidates for membership of the Chamber shall be obtainable at the office, but applications in writing conforming to the conditions of the form will be accepted.
- A person, firm or company shall, not considered to be duly nominated unless the recommendation accompanying the application form referred to in article 17 of the article of the Association, is signed by two members in good standing. To constitute membership with in Article 17 payment of entrance fee and first subscription must be made with the application.
- All members of the Chamber shall be entitle to make nominations for the office of President, and elected members of the Council. Nominations must be made in General Annual Meeting proposed and seconded by members present.
All completed proxy forms must be signed and submitted to the Secretariat no later than 12PM February 12, 2019
Membership Payments Deadline
In order to allow the secretariat time to update the final membership list and prepare for Elections, payments for membership will NOT be accepted after 12PM February 12, 2019.
A Preliminary list of LCC members (both paid and nonpaid) will be provided to the General Membership by email on February 6, 2019 by 5pm.
New Application for Membership
As prescribed by the LCC Articles of Association:
Section 17: Candidate for membership in the Chamber must sign a written application and an agreement to be bound, if accepted, by the memorandum and Articles of Association and Bye-Law. This application must be accompanied by a recommendation signed by two members of the Council, starting the candidate is a proper person to be accepted as a member of the Chamber.
Section 18: This application should be brought before the Council at their next or some subsequent meeting, when the majority of the member of the Council then present may accept the candidate as a member. Such acceptance, together with payment of the entrance fee and subscription, will constitute membership.
Please note: the last meeting before elections takes place on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 5:30PM. New applications received after February 5, 2019 may not be eligible to VOTE in the 2019 Elections.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us at the numbers listed below.
The Liberia Chamber of Commerce – LCC
Office: +231 886800473 / +231 777857805
Ms. Stephanie SalaMartu Duncan
Mobile: +231 770120596 (Roaming)
WhatsApp: +231 880629580