By Nicole Stinson|
US Vice President Mike Pence has warned North Korea to “never doubt the capabilities” of his nation’s Armed Forces as he added that America will retaliate with a “overwhelming” military power if threatened.
It comes as North Korea has been ramping up its missile technology with regular rocket tests, including two intercontinental ballistic missiles launches and its sixth nuclear bomb detonation earlier this year.
North Korea has also threatened to totally destroy the US and warned Donald Trump “should think twice about what terrible consequences the US will face”.
Speaking at Minot Air Force Base, in North Dakota, Donald Trump’s right hand man told the troops their commander-in-chief is depending on them to “be ready”.
Mr. Pence said: ”Our enemies should never doubt the capabilities of the Armed Forces of the United States of America.
“Anyone who would threaten our nation should know that America always seeks peace, but if we are forced to defend ourselves or our allies, we will do so with military power that is effective and overwhelming.”
His remarks echoed the US Defence Secretary Jim Mattis, who warned North Korea should prepare for a US onslaught if it continues to escalate its war rhetoric.
The threat was issued by Mr. Mattis after a visit to the demilitarised zone (DMZ) on the Korean border.
“North Korean provocations continue to threaten regional and global security despite unanimous condemnation by the United Nations Security Council.”
Source: Sunday Express