GNN-Liberia Presidential Opinion Poll For 2017; Approve and Disapprove

whose1Joseph N. Boakai– is still in the lead according to our weekly opinion poll despite of the recently agreement between 12 opposition political parties to collaborate in their bid to unseat the ruling Unity Party. According to our survey nationwide, the UP presidential candidate has grabbed 53%  of those who have approved his presidency bid co0me 2017, while 47% disapproved for him to succeed President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf whose tenure will be ending in 2017, saying it will be like ‘Old wine in new bottle’.

George M. Weah Liberia’s main opposition political party, the Congress for Democratic Change (CDC), according to our investigative opinion poll is slowly crawling to grab its previous numbers of voters. 50% of those who talked to approved the presidency of its political leader, Senator George Manneh Weah, while 20% disapproved his presidency, saying he has lots to do in the future. 30% saying they are studying the political grounds for now, and therefore they cannot say anything now.

They also indicated that the CDC political leader has a lots to do to prepare for the highest seat of the land; they are also saying his performances at the Senate still needs to be evaluated.

Charles W. Brumskine – The political leader of the opposition Liberty Party (LP) is gradually grabbing the ears of electorates during the last two weeks, as 47% approved his bid for the presidency, saying he must be giving the chance this time, a position he has been yearning for for decades. 53% has disapproved his bid for the nation’s highest seat.

Joseph Mills Jones – His name is usually heard among market women due to his loan scheme during his days at the Central Bank of Liberia, According to our pollsters, Dr. Jones’ political party, the Movement for Economic Empowerment (MOVEE) has observed that 47.3% has approved his bid for the presidency, while 35% disapproved and 21.7% saying they are currently observing the political playing field.

Others names that are suddenly heard for Liberia’s 2017 presidency include: Alexander Cummings of the Alternative National Congress (ANC), Businessman Benoni Urey of the All Liberia Party (ALP) and Senator Prince Y. Johnson of the Movement for Democracy and Reconstruction (MDR).

Watch out next week as to who is in the lead ahead of the 2017 general and presidential elections. We will appreciate comments from out there as who they think will be the President of Liberia come 2017. You can email us at gnnliberia@gmail.com, we will be glad to post your comment.

(Visited 2,819 times, 1 visits today)
About Cholo Brooks 15592 Articles
Joel Cholo Brooks is a Liberian journalist who previously worked for several international news outlets including the BBC African Service. He is the CEO of the Global News Network which publishes two local weeklies, The Star and The GNN-Liberia Newspapers. He is a member of the Press Union Of Liberia (PUL) since 1986, and several other international organizations of journalists, and is currently contributing to the South Africa Broadcasting Corporation as Liberia Correspondent.