Areas of Syria’s Hama province captured by rebel fighters came under heavy air attack on Thursday as pro-government forces sought to counter a major rebel assault in an area of strategic importance to President Bashar al-Assad.
The offensive that began on Tuesday is the biggest coordinated rebel assault in Hama province since 2014, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group.
The UK-based Observatory said at least 25 people, including six children, had been killed in overnight air strikes on Wednesday.
Syrian state television said on Thursday that the air force had carried out “concentrated strikes” against what it described as “terrorists” in the area, saying tens of them had been killed. READ MORE OF THIS REPORT
SOURCES: Al Jazeera Online News