Clinton says choice of Pence for VP shows Trump’s ‘dangerous plan’ for US

By IANS

     Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. (File | AFP)
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. (File | AFP)

{IANS/WASHINGTON} – Presumptive Democratic candidate for the US presidency Hillary Clinton on Friday said that the choice of Indiana Governor Mike Pence to be Donald Trump’s running mate is further evidence of the Republican presidential candidate’s “dangerous plan for America”.

“If you had any doubts about Trump sticking with his dangerous plan for America, say hello to his VP pick,” Clinton said on her Twitter account immediately after Trump made the appointment official that had already been a well-known secret since Thursday.

Trump made the announcement on Friday on Twitter, and will address the media on Saturday. The press conference on the subject was originally scheduled for Friday but was postponed following the terrorist attack on the French city of Nice, Efe news reported.

The Clinton campaign said in a statement that Pence is “the most extreme Vice Presidential pick in a generation”, and posed the question: “Think Donald is divisive? Meet his running mate”, then brought up the presumptive VP’s history of “discriminatory politics and failed economic policies that favour millionaires and corporations over working families”. READ MORE OF THIS REPORT

(Visited 136 times, 1 visits today)
About Cholo Brooks 15636 Articles
Joel Cholo Brooks is a Liberian journalist who previously worked for several international news outlets including the BBC African Service. He is the CEO of the Global News Network which publishes two local weeklies, The Star and The GNN-Liberia Newspapers. He is a member of the Press Union Of Liberia (PUL) since 1986, and several other international organizations of journalists, and is currently contributing to the South Africa Broadcasting Corporation as Liberia Correspondent.