US House Probe: No New Evidence of Wrongdoing By Clinton in Benghazi Attack

The final report on the 2012 attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, where a violent mob killed four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, rest on a podium on Capitol Hill in Washington, June 28, 2016.
The final report on the 2012 attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, where a violent mob killed four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, rest on a podium on Capitol Hill in Washington, June 28, 2016.

{VOA NEWS/WASHINGTON} —A Republican-led investigation of a 2012 terrorist attack on a U.S. diplomatic outpost in Libya that killed four Americans ended Tuesday with no new allegations about the actions of then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, now the presumptive 2016 Democratic presidential nominee.

Clinton, who monitored the incident as it unfolded on September 11, 2012, told a campaign rally that the House of Representatives investigative panel “found nothing, nothing to contradict” findings about the attack in numerous other earlier investigations.

“It’s pretty clear it’s time to move on,” she said.

The panel’s chairman, Congressman Trey Gowdy, said Tuesday, “No U.S. military assets were ever deployed to Benghazi” despite the orders of President Barack Obama and then-Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta. READ MORE OF THIS STORY

(Visited 90 times, 1 visits today)
About Cholo Brooks 14261 Articles
Joel Cholo Brooks is a Liberian journalist who previously worked for several international news outlets including the BBC African Service. He is the CEO of the Global News Network which publishes two local weeklies, The Star and The GNN-Liberia Newspapers. He is a member of the Press Union Of Liberia (PUL) since 1986, and several other international organizations of journalists, and is currently contributing to the South Africa Broadcasting Corporation as Liberia Correspondent.