(VOA News) Iran’s Foreign Ministry called new U.S. sanctions targeting the country’s ballistic missile program illegitimate.
Ministry spokesman Hossein Jaber Ansari said Monday that Iran will respond by boosting efforts in its legal ballistic missile program and promoting its defense capabilities.
Iran drew condemnation from the U.S. and other Western powers for two ballistic missile tests late last year they said violated U.N. Security Council resolutions. Iran defended the tests as a matter of national security. READ MOREBOF THIS STORY