The World Bank Group (WBG) will launch on Tuesday, November 10, 2015, an Essay Contest for Liberian youth targeting age group 18-25 years. The objective of this Essay Contest with theme: “Youth and Sustainable Development,” is to give young Liberians the opportunity to voice their ideas and visions for their country’s development.
The launch event which takes place at the World Bank Liberia Country Office, German Embassy Compound on Tubman Boulevard at 11:00am, will bring together officials of the Education Ministry, the Legislature, youth and students’ groups, and officials of the WBG in Liberia. The first, second and third winners will receive cash prices of US$750.00, US$500 and US$250.00 respectively, including internship with the World Bank Group.
Date and Time: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 11:00am
Venue: World Bank Liberia Country Office, German Embassy Compound on Tubman Boulevard
Essay contest requirements:
· Essay submission must express original visions or ideas for fighting poverty and boosting development in Liberia.
· Essay submissions must not exceed 4 pages. They must also be formatted using the font Times New Roman in font size 12, a 1.5 line spacing, and an A4 page dimensions with default margins.
· Essays must include a summary (maximum of 250 words).
· Submissions must also include the following: curriculum vitae of participant with email address, telephone number, city of residence, and a photocopy of an official identification card or document.
· Essays must be submitted by December 6, 2015 to the World Bank Liberia Country Office, German Embassy Compound, Tubman Boulevard, Monrovia, with the mention: “Application to the World Bank Essay Competition” in the upper left hand corner of the envelope.
More information will be provided during the launch.