The 35th sitting of the 4th session of the 53rd National Legislature was Tuesday disrupted as a result of a minor fire
The fire hit the Joint Chamber of the National Legislature and disrupted the sessions of both Houses.
The fire outbreak, which was attributed to electrical shock, led members of both the lower and upper Houses to hold deliberations in committee rooms.
Vice President Joseph Boakai, who had earlier arrived on the scene, was prevented from entering his office by security officers because of the fire incident.
The fire was later brought under control by the maintenance staff of the Capitol Building.