Seventeen dead after two-storey restaurant collapses in China

By Associated Press |

Seventeen people have been killed in China after a two-storey restaurant collapsed during a gathering Saturday morning (local time), state media said. (Associated Press)

Seventeen people have been killed in China after a two-storey restaurant collapsed during a gathering Saturday morning (local time), state media said.

The official Xinhua News Agency said 28 other people were injured in the accident, including seven in serious condition.

Seventeen people have been killed in China after a two-storey restaurant collapsed during a gathering Saturday morning (local time), state media said. (Associated Press)

The restaurant was in Shanxi province’s Xiangfen county, about 630 kilometres southwest of Beijing. (Associated Press)

The restaurant was in Shanxi province’s Xiangfen county, about 630 kilometres southwest of Beijing.

The cause of the collapse was not immediately clear.

Hundreds of rescue workers, wearing hardhats and face masks, searched for trapped people in a daylong operation.

Read more of this story

(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)
About Cholo Brooks 13507 Articles
Joel Cholo Brooks is a Liberian journalist who previously worked for several international news outlets including the BBC African Service. He is the CEO of the Global News Network which publishes two local weeklies, The Star and The GNN-Liberia Newspapers. He is a member of the Press Union Of Liberia (PUL) since 1986, and several other international organizations of journalists, and is currently contributing to the South Africa Broadcasting Corporation as Liberia Correspondent.