Minnesota governor calls for ‘swift justice’; National Guard arrives in Minneapolis as outrage intensifies.
By Laurin-Whitney Gottbrath & Creede Newton | Al Jazeera News|
- Protests erupted in cities across the US over the deadly arrest of George Floyd, an unarmed black man, who was pinned to the ground by the knee of a white officer in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Protesters rallied in Minneapolis for a third night on Thursday into Friday, with some demonstrators overtaking a police building and setting it on fire.
- The Minnesota National Guard has arrived in Minneapolis, Saint Paul and surrounding areas.
- Floyd’s family demanded charges be brought against the four officers involved.
- Twitter hid Trump’s tweet criticising the protesters and Minneapolis’s handling of the protests as a violation of its policy on glorifying violence.
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)