At Thursday’s Downing Street coronavirus press briefing foreign secretary Dominic Raab confirmed the UK lockdown will last until at least May 7. He was joined by chief medical officer Chris Whitty and chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance
The UK’s coronavirus lockdown will continue until May 7, Dominic Raab confirmed today.
The foreign secretary, standing-in for the Prime Minister who continues his recovery from coronavirus, told the daily Downing Street press conference what the UK had been expecting to hear all week.
Earlier today Raab chaired meetings of the Cabinet and Cobra to “consider the advice from [Government advisory group] SAGE on the impact of the existing social distancing measures.”
Raab told the press briefing that “now was not the time to give the coronavirus a second chance.”
He said: “The worst thing that we could do right now is to ease up too soon, allow a second peak of the virus to hit the NHS and hit the British people.