Iran dismisses US allegation it was behind Saudi Arabia oil attacks

Smoke fills the sky at the Abqaiq oil processing facility on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019 in Saudi Arabia. PTI
Read more at: https://www.oneindia.com/international/saudi-arabia-shuts-down-half-its-oil-production-after-drones-2948528.html

Iran has denied it was involved in Yemen rebel drone attacks targeting the world’s biggest oil processing facility and an oil field in Saudi Arabia.

The denial came hours after America’s top diplomat alleged Tehran was behind the “unprecedented attack on the world’s energy supply” – though he offered no evidence.

The attacks, claimed by Yemen’s Houthi rebels, resulted in “the temporary suspension of production operations” at the Abqaiq processing facility and the Khurais oil field, Riyadh said.

That led to the interruption of an estimated 5.7 million barrels in crude supplies, authorities said while pledging the kingdom’s stockpiles would make up the difference.

Read more of this report

(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)

Comments

comments

About Cholo Brooks 10620 Articles
Joel Cholo Brooks is a Liberian journalist who previously worked for several international news outlets including the BBC African Service. He is the CEO of the Global News Network which publishes two local weeklies, The Star and The GNN-Liberia Newspapers. He is a member of the Press Union Of Liberia (PUL) since 1986, and several other international organizations of journalists, and is currently contributing to the South Africa Broadcasting Corporation as Liberia Correspondent.