By Emmanuel Mafelah | GNN Central Liberia Correspondent|
Amid the hullabaloo over the alleged disappearance of the Sixteen Billion Liberian Dollars in the Country, former Representative of electoral District #3 in Bong County has excused the administration of former President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of being the prime suspect to the alleged mission money.
“Former President Sirleaf is a major nuisance to this country, she is to answer more questions to the mission billion saga in the Country,” He said.
The former Bong County District three Lawmaker George Mulbah alleged that the past administration was in error on grounds that former President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf wrote authority of the Central Bank of Liberia (CBL) stating that the legislature has at the time approved the request of additional ten billion to be printed when the lower house had not signed a resolution concerning that.
According to the former Bong County Lawmaker in their communication the bank was mediated to seek the Legislators approval prior to the printing process something the president allegedly failed to implement along with her confidents at the CBL at that time.
He stated that the 53rd Legislature approved the printing of five billion Liberian Dollars in 2016.
Hon. George Sylvester Mulbah was elected in 2005 and subsequently re-elected in 2011 as Representative of electoral District #3 in Bong County and was sent out during October 10, 2017 general Presidential and Representative election.
Addressing a major news conference on October 2, CBL Governor Nathaniel Patray said, the news that there were some missing 15–16 billion Liberian banknotes which were stockpiled in containers at the Roberts International Airport (RIA) and the Freeport of Monrovia is far from the truth and it should not be taken seriously by the public.
He claimed, the CBL has all the necessary records to prove that at no time money have gotten missing from any of the major entry points in the country.
“As much as the CBL welcomes an investigation into the missing billion dollars saga, it has no records showing that monies printed under its authority have not yet been delivered into its reserve vaults,” Governor Patray stressed.
President George Manneh Weah recently established a Special Presidential Committee to probe the mysterious alleged disappearance of L$16 billion from the vault of the Central Bank of Liberia (CBL) and the Monrovia City Court last week restricted the movement of 35 employees of the bank pending the outcome of the investigation.
It is unclear what Governor Patray’s revelation would do to anticipate the ongoing investigation into the scandal.
The Governor’s statement follows a similar tone ranted by President Weah Sunday upon his return from the United Nations General Assembly that he did not believe any money was missing.
The former Bong County veteran Lawmaker is at the same time calling on President George Manneh Weah to properly conduct an independent investigations into in the matter surrounding the mission L$16 billion