In Rep Forh’s Daughter Death: Defense 1st Witness Takes Stand In US$25m Death Case

handcuff(LINA) – Defense first witness in the US$25 million John F. Kennedy Medical Hospital death case Tuesday took the stand, denying any wrongdoing as claimed by Montserrado County Representative Edward Forh.

Dr. Korto Dorbor, who took the stand, was one of those sued by Forh for wrongful actions resulting to the death of his daughter Nakita D. Forh.

Dr. Dorbor told the Civil Law Court that as an intern doctor on call, she was supervised by a senior doctor.

This, she said, limited her from making final decisions, especially when it had to do with a patient who showed some signs and symptoms of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD).

Dr. Dorbor said upon the arrival of Representative Forh with his daughter, she asked him about the history of her sickness and he told her that his daughter had, among other things, been bleeding for nearly two weeks; she was weak and had respiratory complication.

According to Dr. Dorbor, after the physical assessment of the late Nakita by her supervisor (Dr. David Okiror), he told Representative Forh that his daughter was suspected of the EVD and told him that that he needed to bring an Ebola Clearance before his daughter would be admitted by the hospital.

This, she said, was in keeping with a policy carved by the management of the John F. Kennedy Hospital owing to the fact that many health workers and doctors had fallen to the virus.

Those sued include the JFK Hosital, Munah Tarpeh, Tannie G. Sneh, Mary G. Howard Nyaquie, Dr. Korto Dorbor, Dr. Billy C. Johnson, Dr. David Okiror, Prof. Joseph Njoh, Korzu B. Koryan-Browne and Dr. Winnie Scott-McDonald, all of whom are employees of JFK.

In his complaint filed on July 31, 2015, Forh requested for “Action of Damages amounting to US$25 million for Wrongful Death” of his daughter at the facility due to their alleged refusal to accept and treat her in September 2014.

In a 26-count complaint, Forh asked the court to grant him US$10 million for general damages, US$5 million for punitive damages, US$5 million in compensatory damages and US$5 million in consequential damages.

According to Representative Forh, the late Nakita D. Forh was first refused on Friday, September 26, and then on Saturday, September 27, after which she was pronounced dead.

(Visited 160 times, 1 visits today)
About Cholo Brooks 13180 Articles
Joel Cholo Brooks is a Liberian journalist who previously worked for several international news outlets including the BBC African Service. He is the CEO of the Global News Network which publishes two local weeklies, The Star and The GNN-Liberia Newspapers. He is a member of the Press Union Of Liberia (PUL) since 1986, and several other international organizations of journalists, and is currently contributing to the South Africa Broadcasting Corporation as Liberia Correspondent.