The Obama administration expressed its “regret” on Saturday for an airstrike that mistakenly killed Syrian forces, a senior administration official told Fox News, as the US awaited a response from the Assad regime.
The US military halted its air raid against the so-called Islamic State terror group in eastern Syria after learning it struck the Syrian military, a US Central Command official confirmed.
The CENTCOM official said the US military was “certain” about the outcome of the strike. Officials had been watching these forces “for a few days” thinking they were IS.
SOURCES: News Now/Sigma Live Online